Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My First Post


My New Year's Resolution was to get my blog going. I set it up about 6 months ago, but have been hesitant to start since everyone's blog is so amazing. I want mine to look remarkable also. I have given up that false hope and decided just learn to perk it up as I go.
Life for the Lancaster's has been anything but dull. Kelly decided to make a career change this past summer. He left the chiropractic field and is currently loving his new job as a high school science teacher. Even after 4 months of working for LISD, I still get excited to have him come home at 4:30pm instead of 7pm. Our little family has really been blessed by the extra time we have together. Hannah turned 5, over the Thanksgiving break. She anxiously awaited her big day because she knew she would be receiving a lot of presents. We celebrated her 5th birthday at Pump it Up. Everyone had a blast. Experiencing Christmas through her eyes was a sheer delight. She was convinced after she visited Santa that he was going to get her exactly what she asked for: more littlest pet shops is all she asked for. When she woke up Christmas morning, I was already up. She looked at the chimney and noticed the gift under her stocking. "He came," she whispered softly to herself. Then she started jumping up and down and noticed that Santa had eaten her cookies. I told her to wake up her dad so she could open his gift. She yelled down the hall, "dad, wake up! He came! Santa came and left me a big present! Hurry get up!" As she quickly unwrapped her gift, a smile lit up her face as she saw the Biggest Littlest Pet Shop House. She loved it. She loved everything about Christmas. At the end of the day she said, " I wish everyday was Christmas." One of her gifts, was Hooked on Phonics for Kindergarten. I have been working with her, and she is quickly learning how to read. She gets so ecstatic after each lesson. She often says, I can read like Mia, her 8 year old cousin. She loves books and absorbs everything I teach her. I wish I wasn't so exhausted from work at the end of each day, because she is a little sponge. Her favorite thing to do is sing. She performed a solo at her Christmas Mother's Day Out Program and there has been no stopping her since. She was extremely nervous and almost cried of fright, but the applause and compliments she received afterwards really gave her confidence and actually conquered her fear of performing in front of people. Now she sings for everyone. We bought her a little amp and microphone to help her develop her talent. Although Kelly and I can't carry a tune, I'm glad she enjoys it so much. Gymnastics and soccer also keep her occupied. She wasn't sold on soccer until she started scoring. This past season, she averaged about 8 goals per game. She's so aggressive and motivated to score. I don't know how she'll handle this coming season, when the girls start learning to pass the ball and let others score. Right now she's happy even if she had to push and steal the ball from her own teammate to score. I could continue with all the hilarious things Hannah does on a daily basis, but I'm sure there will be more silly things she will do in the future that will be worth posting. She is very mischievous and when she's quiet, I know she's up to no good. My favorite excuse she loves to gives us, is that her body made her do it. It's like her mind and body are two separate entities. Got to love that.
Now for an update on me! Last year I ran my first marathon in April and completed my first triathlon in July. I have a great passion for exercise and love to spend time training outside. However, I have slowed down quite a bit now that I am 27 weeks pregnant. I can still cover about 5 miles in a very slow jog and spin a couple days a week, but I'm trying to keep not to over do it. My doctor says it great for me to workout, so I am doing it as long as I can. Hopefully to the end even if it's just walking. Lately I've been slacking off because I've have a slight case of the flu. I can't seem to get over it since I can't take any medications. It's a drag being sick and pregnant. Although, I have to admit that my pregnancy has been easier than Hannah's. I thought her was smooth sailing, but this one has also been a breeze. I think that's all Heavenly Father knew I could handle. I'm a big complainer, so I was blessed with the easy pregnancy plan. I'm showing but not that big for being 6 1/2 months. I can still sleep on my stomach so that's a plus. Oh it's a girl, by the way! Emma Marie Lancaster. I didn't have any names in mind and my sister suggested Emma. That was the first name I heard and loved. So Emma it is. I'm still working and will continue to work after the baby is born. Hopefully I won't have to return until school starts in the fall, though. That will give me the whole summer with the girls and Kelly!
School is closed today because of the weather so I am going to take advantage of this time to clean and sort baby items. Maybe I'll even scrapbook! It's not really bad outside but I won't complain about staying home.

No comments: